Below, find out more about some new and some tried-and-true services available to you. Most of these services are local to Alpine, but we will work with distance education students, faculty and staff to coordinate with local libraries (SWTJC Libraries and Midland College Library) to the best of our ability to get you the help you need. All you have to do is ask!
Place Material on Course Reserves for Your Students
- Place material on faculty reserve as supplemental course information to ensure that your students have access to specific material. Learn more about Course Reserves here or get in touch with Administrative Coordinator Cindy Slocumb, email@example.com or x8313
- For Distance Education courses, there are ways to place material on eReserves using Blackboard. Inquire with Instructional Designer Sandy Bogus (firstname.lastname@example.org) — who isn’t a member of the Library staff, but boy do we like her — or Education and Outreach Librarian Betsy Evans (email@example.com) for more information.
Make Recommendations for the Library’s Collection for the Future
- Help us ensure that your area of expertise is represented by recommending titles, databases and anything else that may add value to our collection: Use this form or contact Dean April Aultman Becker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or x8121 for more information.
Go Beyond the Library’s Collection Now
- Not ready to add something to the collection? Or maybe you don’t have time to wait for us to order it? Use Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and Document Delivery to gain access to material not currently owned by the SRSU Library.
- Distance Education ILL and Document Delivery requests can be made directly to local libraries at SWTJC and Midland College campuses, or are routed through those local libraries through the ILL Office at the SRSU Library.
- For more information, contact Systems and Discovery Services Librarian, Suyu Dong (email@example.com) or x8417.
Take Care of Faxing and Laminating on SRSU-Alpine Campus
- The SRSU Library in Alpine offers faxing and laminating services Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM for a small fee. Stop by the Circulation Desk or contact Kayla Waggoner at firstname.lastname@example.org or x8124 for more information.
Do you have feedback? Want to see something featured in an upcoming Library Tips post? Please email us at SRSULibrary@sulross.edu.