InterLibrary Loan Contact
Library Assistant, ILL and Night Manager
Help us by filling out a brief survey!
InterLibrary Loan & Document Delivery
InterLibrary Loan (ILL) provides the Sul Ross community with materials not available through the Sul Ross Library. Currently enrolled Sul Ross students, faculty and staff at any campus may borrow materials from another participating library for free. Retired employees may also take advantage of this service.
Currently enrolled Sul Ross students, faculty and staff may also request Document Delivery (DD), which provides scanned copies of book chapters that we own (please specify chapter title or page number in the ILL/DD request form).
Students, staff, and faculty at our SRSU-MRGC campuses (Uvalde, Del Rio, and Eagle Pass) utilize the corresponding Southwest Texas Junior College Library building as a hub for Sul Ross InterLibrary Loan services.
Place requests, renew items and keep track of your requests with your ILL account. Sign in with your LoboID and password to:
- Check the status of requests
- Electronically receive your requested articles or book chapters
- See canceled or unfilled requests
- Check the history of completed requests
You will be notified via email when requested materials arrive at the selected location OR if the requested material is unavailable. It is important that you provide an active email address in the request form and check your email regularly.
Print books/DVDs: Allow 10 to 15 working days for the arrival of print books, DVDs, or other returnable items as these are shipped by USPS, UPS, or TexPress. It may take longer depending on how many libraries own the title.
Articles/book chapters: Some articles may arrive within 24 hours but others may take up to 5 to 10 working days. This depends on how many libraries own the title.
**Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions**
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code), governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproductions. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
NOTE: The ILL department cannot provide articles that you will put on Canvas for your classes. The Library does not pay copyright fees for this type of usage. Please use the Copyright Clearance Center for use of copyrighted materials in the classroom.
- Users are responsible for all ILL material from the time the material leaves the library until it is returned
- Users are responsible for all fines associated with ILL material (charged by the loaning library), even if the item is not picked up from the library
- Users will be held financially responsible for items returned in damaged condition
- Users will pay in full any processing, damaged, or lost/replacement fees the lending library charges the Sul Ross Library
- Users are responsible for following the instructions on the ILL book strap, such as For Library Use Only or No Renewals
- Users are responsible for returning the ILL item with the book strap; failure to do so will result in a $3.00 fine.
- Users may make requests, but may not check out new ILL items until their account is fully reconciled
- A $1.00 fine will accrue for each day the item is overdue
- A $3.00 fine will accrue if the borrowed material is returned without its book/DVD strap
Library patrons are restricted to checking out 10 ILL items (print books, DVDs, etc.) at a time. If you request more than 10 items at a time, the pending requests will remain in the queue. As you return items, the ILL team will process a new request. If you submit requests you would like to receive first, indicate so in the comments section or contact the ILL department.
Library patrons may request any number of electronic articles/book chapters at a time, but the ILL department does not guarantee they will process more than 10 within a week.
NOTE: All ILL materials are subject to recall from the lending library. When a recall occurs, patrons must return the item immediately.
Mondays through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
Note that ILL processing hours differ from regular library building hours in Alpine. ILL requests submitted after hours or weekends will be processed the following business day.
The main office at Alpine is located on the Library’s first floor, ILL Workroom
Rebecca Taylor | Alpine
Brenda Cantu | Uvalde
Julie Pace-Monsivais | Eagle Pass
Dora Padilla | Del Rio
Jaime Sierra | Eagle Pass
If you have any questions or problems, please contact Rebecca Taylor at 432-837-8310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.