Passport Services Hours
by appointment only,
Monday – Friday, 9 AM to 12 noon
The Sul Ross Library is an authorized U.S. Passport Acceptance Facility offering passport processing by appointment only, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 12 noon.
Make an appointment by filling out the Passport Appointment Request Form or by calling the Front Desk, 432-837-8123. The Passport Appointment Coordinator will work with you to ensure you have the appropriate documentation before confirming your appointment.
It is important that you come prepared to your processing appointment. In most cases, renewing a passport does not require an appointment. Learn more about how to prepare for your unique situation:
- In English: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html
- In Spanish: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/es/pasaportes.html
- Note: official forms are not available in any language other than English
Passport Services are unavailable during all Sul Ross State University holidays.
The U.S. Department of State accepts checks or money orders only. Money orders may be purchased on campus at the University Post Office on the first floor of the Morgan University Center.
A self-service photocopier is available in the Library. Copies are $0.10 per side.
You may be able to save time by completing your application online and printing it out before visiting the Library. Be sure to read all directions carefully. Signing in the wrong place or filling out the wrong fields may result in having to start your application over.
The most current and accurate information about applying for, renewing and receiving U.S. passports is available on the U.S. Passport and International Travel website.
Plan your Visit
The Library does not take passport photos. Local photo services include:
- Wind River Photography, 432-940-8475
- PrintCo, 432-837-3100
Each application requires two separate payments:
- Passport Application Fee*
- MUST be paid with a check or money order
- Make check or money order payable to the “U.S. Department of State”
- Execution Fee ($35)
- Can be paid with cash, check or money order
- Make check or money order payable to “Sul Ross State University”
*Standard fees and estimated times for processing are listed on the U.S. Passport and International Travel website. Contact the Library at 432-837-8123 with questions.