Welcome to a new series of bite-sized library tips. Each Friday, we’ll share something about our services — both virtual and physical — here on the blog. The Library is here to support you and to support student learning outcomes. Please think of us and contact us with your suggestions, ideas for collaboration and more.
So, without further adieu…
Library Tips #1: Library Guides
Library Guides, sometimes called research guides or even LibGuides (from the name of the popular software we use), are built and maintained by the Education and Outreach Librarian, Betsy Evans. Access the Library Guides here, or from the link on the Library’s homepage, library.sulross.edu.
- Library Guides are currently under construction and being built out on a first-come, first-served basis. Want us to highlight something for a specific department, class or assignment? Get in touch!
- Did you know? You can embed information (“boxes” or “widgets”) from Library Guides directly into your courses on Blackboard. It’s a matter of copy and pasting! Just contact Betsy Evans to get the correct embed code.
- Particularly useful (and recently updated) are the guides on:
- Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery
- SRSU Library Collection Development | Tip: This guide includes a form for you to make suggestions for our collection. Please use it!
- SRSU Library Orientation | This guide includes tips for Distance Education students to make the most of the SRSU Library’s resources and services.
- SRSU Library Research Basics
Do you have feedback? Want to see something featured in an upcoming Library Tips post? Please email us at SRSULibrary@sulross.edu.