Renewal of Library Materials
Library items may be renewed if no fines are outstanding or another person has not requested the item. Items may be renewed online by logging into “My Account” with your Library PIN or may be brought to the Circulation Desk.
Online Renewal of Library Materials
- Undergraduate students are permitted 1 online renewal per item.
- Community borrowers are permitted 1 online renewal per book.
- Graduate students are loaned 3rd floor books until the end of the semester. Those books are not renewable.
- Graduate students are permitted 1 online renewal for all other items, including popular bestsellers.
- Sul Ross faculty and staff are permitted 3 renewals per book.
- Sul Ross faculty members are permitted 2 online renewals for audiotapes, books on CD, books on tape, compact discs, CD-ROMs, filmstrips, kits, and slides.
- Sul Ross staff members are permitted 1 online renewal for audiotapes, books on CD, books on tape, compact discs, CD-ROMs, filmstrips, kits, and slides.
- Due to high demand, bestsellers are limited to 1 renewal.
- Faculty and Staff are advised to time their book renewals for the last month of the Spring, Summer 2, or Fall semesters.
- New due dates for media and bestsellers are based on the date renewed rather than the original due date.
- For example, an item is checked out for 2 weeks on May 18 and is due on June 1.
- If it is renewed on May 19, it is checked out for another 2 weeks and is due on June 2. But if it is renewed on June 1, it is checked out for another 2 weeks and is due on June 15.
- To take advantage of the renewal process, renew items as close to the original due date as possible before they become overdue.
- Once items are renewed, please take note of the new due date. You will be responsible for returning items on time. If the system will not let you renew an item, you must return it to the Library to avoid accruing fines.
- Items that have been requested by other library patrons are not renewable.
- Your library account must be in good standing to renew items online. Three overdue items or $3 in bills will block your record.
Please note that any items overdue for a year or more are considered lost and will be charged to your account as we run our end-of-semester reports. The full replacement price plus a $10 processing fee per item will be applied to your account if the items have not been returned to the library by that time. Once billed, your borrowing privileges may be suspended until payment is received.
The library does not accept replacement titles in lieu of payment for lost materials. To maintain the integrity of the library’s collections, we reserve the right to conduct searches for replacement materials and choose titles which meet approved selection policies and procedures.